I work best under pressure, especially when it comes to schoolwork. Knowing that I have less than an ideal amount of time to complete an assignment is great motivation to prove the universe wrong. And I usually succeed. Does the work end up being my best? Honesty compels me to answer no. But I typically end up doing better than I thought I would with the time I allotted myself. Sadly, (depending on ones point of view, I guess) my instructors are usually impressed so I have yet to truly learn my lesson. Although I PROMISE myself that I will not wait until the last minute next time, each time the pressure is lifted, I go back to my old habits and indulge in my guilty pleasure. Interested in knowing what that might be? Well, it's not reality TV. Many people claim that one. It's not some seedy, underground activity. You know, I'm almost ashamed to say what it is. But I've started this so I'm just gonna get it out already. It's Sorority Life. Huh? What's that, you say? Oh, it's a social game on Facebook. How about some pictures so that I can show you why I find it all so dazzling. (I'm sure you'll remain unconvinced.)
There are opportunities to wear amazing fashion for which
you would never have the occassion to purchase in real life.
(And when you wear heels with every outfit, your feet never get tired.)
Anyway, this is my ultimate time-waster. When I should be studying for a test, working on an assignment, or even tackling a project on my extensive to-make list, I am fighting girls in other houses, doing the next social event in order to get more money or influence points or dressing my paper dolls. That's what my mom calls them. Cyber-paperdolls. I have three. Yup. That's right. You can play with up to ten different avatars. This means you can start the fun over and over and over... (up to ten times) again. Yay.
A plus to this social game is that it really does help you to meet new people. Yes, I know that I've never really met these people and only know how they look based on the pictures they post. (And some of them never post real pictures of themselves.) But, believe it or not, I've had some really good conversations with some of them. And I've had opportunities to encourage a couple of them and be encouraged in return. I know it sounds like I'm trying to make excuses for playing the game but really I'm not. I understand what a collossal waste of time AND money this game is. Yes. Money. I have spent money on what they call brownie points (BP) *hanging head in shame* With BPs you can purchase outfits and accessories that are not regularly available for free.
| These are different hairstyles that are cuter than what is available and can give you better advantage when fighting. (I didn't buy any of these.But that black one is nice.) |
I guess this is my moment of confession. (There may be more.) And I'm not sure this is what I intended. I mean, there's a chances that people I know, love and respect will read this and know how frivolous I can be. Spending money on a game that does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to improve my real life? That's just no good. And each time I tell myself that I won't do it again. There's probably some sort of dependency group out there for me but I'm not sure if I need it yet. I really think I'm getting bored with Sorority Life but you never know. They may come up with something else exciting to do. If they do, I'll be sure to NOT let you know.
No comments:
Post a Comment