Monday, February 14, 2011

Creation Care: A More Detailed Look

Creation Care? What's that all about? Let's find out, shall we?

I began my investigation at a site called Evangelical Environmental Network (EEN). Their stated mission is to be "...a ministry that seeks to educate, equip, inspire, and mobilize Christians in their effort to care for God's creation, to be faithful stewards of God's provision, and to advocate for actions and policies that honor God and protect the environment." There are some who make the argument that it a biblical responsibility to care for the earth. When God gave Man dominion He also gave Man the responsibility of stewardship. All of that sounds very noble but I've learned not to take anything at face value when it comes to environment issues.


Not everyone sees this as such a noble calling. So I did just a little digging to see what the critics have to say. This movement has gone as far as to create a The GREEN Bible and many Believers are taking issue with this. As stated in an article from WorldNetDaily.com "... the book is not about spreading the word of God, [but]... it is about environmental indoctrination." Someone who has been RATHER outspoken about this matter is Jan Markell. She has a daily two-hour radio show and is the founder of Olive Tree Ministries. She has also written several articles on the matter. One of them includes an unflinching piece about what she sees as the scam of global warming. I cannot speak to whether or not she is a conspiracy theorist but she did state that "The real agenda of the global warming crowd is global government." She even disputes that the earth is warming. She believes, along with others, that it is actually cooling now.


To a point I believe what the scientists tell me. What I mean by that is that I am not the one keeping tracking of the changing weather patterns of the earth. I barely check the forecast to see what I should be wearing the next day. Everyday is a wonderful surprise. (lol) But I am getting off track. Basically, I'm not terribly concerned about incremental changes in the weather. If there's something Man can do about it then we'll figure it out. If not, then it's that sooner that I'm on to Glory. What does pique my interest is when there's talk of passing legislation that will impede my freedoms and then basing it on 'science'. That's when I feel the need to start doing some investigating and discern the facts for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment