Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Living in a Glass House

Lately, I've been getting a lot of questions asking me why I've stressed REASONABLE sustainable living in my profile. (lol) Okay. Not really. I don't have that many reader yet but I'm workin' on it. Seriously though, I have been giving this some thought. I have an interest in sustainable living and upcycling from an artistic point of view. Have you ever seen a house made of recycled glass bottles?? Where here you go:


I find this intriguing and strangely beautiful. Whenever I see something done that interests me I always wonder how I could do it better. I'd definitely keep the red door and trim. What about this one?



This is the interior of a house in Canada. Doing the inside may be a bit extreme but the result is still rather stunning. I know that the idea of sustainable living is to "save" the planet. Although I'm not really convinced that the planet is in need of saving I do see the planet as a gift. One way to show someone that you appreciate a gift is in the way you treat it. That being said, I do believe it is not wise stewardship to be wasteful with our resources. Just because most things can be replenished is no need to be wasteful.

Not trying to get preachy. Just letting my future readers know where I'm coming from. Don't want you to think that I only like sustainable living that I find pretty. I will definitely go into more detail in the future. (Always promising more)

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if it would be cold living in that house? Also as a side note, my mother told me not to throw stones at glass houses. I wonder if she was a visionary?

    ReplyDelete