"♪♪Intergalactic planetary ♪♪ Planetary intergalactic ♪♪" (Anyone remember that song?) Anyway... :o) You guys miss me? I was gone a couple of days.
Well, ladies (and possibly gentlemen), I went, I saw... and I was conquered. SMH (We all know what that means by now, right?) I spent more than I planned to but less than I could afford (if that makes any sense). I'm planning to show off all the goodies I bought next time. And of course there will be future posts showing all the lovely pieces I was able to create (and hopefully sell) with all the beautiful items I purchased yesterday.
Actually, it was all pretty overwhelming. I thought I'd go to the website prior to going to the show and see what they'd have to offer. That way I'd be prepared. Well... I went to the website. I was NOT prepared. But I don't want to waste anymore time with introductions. Let's get to the pretty and the glittery, right?? Right! How about I start by showing you exactly what greeted me when I entered the Intergalactic Bead & Jewelry Show:
Not impressed yet? How about this?
 |
My lovely friend Eliza
I have plenty of other pictures to show but there are some things I wish to share as well. Because of this, what started out as only one little post is now destined to be a three parter *shrug* You guys don't mind, do you?
This is the trip that involved the 2 1/2 hour drive that I wasn't exactly looking forward to. But it was all worth it and the drive ended up not being that long. Or at least it didn't seem that long. Probably because Eliza and I had each other laughing most of the way there. We have such a great time together and hadn't hung out in a while. This expedition was long overdue.
So we set out on our mini road trip with much excitement and anticipation. Every email that Eliza sent me prior to yesterday about the the bead show would end with "I'm excited!" Hilarious. I was excited too but laughing at Eliza distracted me from that. At least until I saw this...
And a little bit of this...
Eliza likes to call this one "Pearl-gasm". And I understand why. At this table a wide-eyed jewelry maker could purchase GENUINE freshwater (and other types) pearls of just about every shape, color and size for pennies. Alright... not pennies. Actually, dollars. But itty bitty dollars --- $2, $5 per strand. AWESOME! Does anything else need to be said? Don't say yes. Because I could go on. I was truly in a happy place yesterday. And guess what. There's another show in July! Yup. You got it. That means you get to hear about this all over again in about six months. Yay you, right?? |
No comments:
Post a Comment