Monday, January 17, 2011

I Was At a Loss... But Then I Found Something

For at least the first forty days of this blog my goal is to post something everyday. I have my own reasons for this. Although I keep coming up with awesome ideas, they all seem to require a certain amount of research. Currently, there's a great deal on my plate... and more seems to be added everyday. Therefore, I do not have time to do the research that I wish to do. This leaves me at a loss. Day four and I'm already at a loss. SMH (Shaking My Head for those who don't know.)

But then I thought why not use this post as an opportunity to give my readers an idea of the type of jewelry design that I most appreciate. So today I'm going to talk about an artist that I've recently discovered. I find this work elegant yet fun. The combination of crochetting and beading simply sends me. It's along the lines of what I aspire to do someday soon. This inspiring little shop on Etsy.com is called Imaginuity. Here are a couple of samples of what is offered to the buyer with discriminating taste:


Mossy Amber Beaded Crochet Necklace, Flower Pin


Fire and Ice Statement Bib Necklace - Beaded Crochet


Many of the items available at Imaginuity are convertible meaning that the piece can be worn as a necklace one day, a hair adornment another day and a bracelet the next. Don't know about you but that's right up my alley.

Occassionally, I will spotlight stores/artists likes this for a couple of reasons. First, seeing regular people making their artistic expression available to the public through an online store keeps me motivated about reaching my goal of doing the same. Second, it is my desire for this blog to be a reference of sorts for consumers who are looking for that certain something that was created by that certain someone. So go check out this store. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

1 comment:

  1. I am very honored to be the feature of your blog! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete