Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Jewelry Maker's Paradise

Even though my schedule is already crammed from Sunday to Sunday, I have committed myself to driving 2 1/2 hours one way to a bead show. Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. I'm just... wondering how I always manage to get everything done. Actually, I know how. We'll get into that another time. (I always say that, don't I?) Well I PROMISE. We will.

"More about this bead show!" you say? Well, here you go. Its held by Intergalactic Bead & Jewelry Shows Inc. This organiztion prides itself on giving buyers the chance to see and feel what they are buying BEFORE making the purchase. Any jewelry maker who ever buys from the Internet understands where I'm coming from. Most of the items I've purchased have been from online stores. And it never fails that I always wish I could have gotten a better idea of the sheen, glimmer or even color of what I was getting. I've only been disappointed one or two times. But depending on what I'm working on that can be one or two times too many! Here's an idea of the lovely things I get to drool over when I go to the show:

Peacock Grey Side Drilled Potato Freshwater Pearl


Copper Brushed Wiggle Disc



Multi Color Fancy Sapphire and Ruby Plain Rondelle



Oooohhh pretty, right? (The copper discs are my favorite.)Well, I also checked some of the prices of these items. So although I do have some disposable income I'm not too sure how much I'll be bringing home. I did see some pretty reasonable prices but there were some pretty steep ones as well. I guess we'll see. I'll definitely keep you "posted". Ha! Posted. Get it? Cuz I'm writing blog posts now?? Yeah, I'm a bit of a lame. You'll learn to love that about me though :o)

1 comment:

  1. You really need to tell me where these shows are! If they are down by you I can stop and see my son and shop all at one time! more info please!!!!!

    ReplyDelete