Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Jewelry Maker's Paradise (part trois)

So... I'm back again to rave about the wonders of the Intergalactic Bead and Jewelry show I went to this past weekend. I've already gone on and on about the marvels that accosted me when I first entered the showroom. Now it's time for me to enthrall you with all the lovely items I purchased and intend to make into beautiful, sellable (Just made a word there. Did you catch that?) pieces. Wanna see pictures? Ohhhh... alright then.


I know. This picture doesn't really do justice to the beauty of these wooden beads and glass beads and pearls and crystals and coral and... Oh... my bad. I find myself getting carried away easily when it comes to jewelry these days. Maybe these individual pictures will do a better job of conveying the reason for my excitement. If not, then I'm afraid you just don't get. And that's okay. Once again, I promise to talk about something you're interested in. (At least once... so keep reading.)


I have plans for you, you gorgeous strands of pearls.


This red coral was 75% off. What a deal! (I know you don't really have any appreciation for that since you don't know the original price but trust me. It was quite a deal.) I've look at some pretty cool necklace ideas using this material but I think I'm gonna start out simple first. After all, I am just a BUDDING jewelry maker. I'm going to make my mom a pair of earrings to match the necklace I made for her last year. Wanna see it? Of course you do.


 Yes, that is me modeling my own work. Please do not be distracted by the cleavage. (What can I say? God HAS blessed me.) I only hope that the earrings and the necklace will not be too matchy-matchy. If so, she can always wear them separately, right?

Seeds Beads

More colorful pearls
This yellow cast in every picture is REALLY not doing justice to the loveliness :o( I thinks it's from the reflecting color of my kitchen floor. How unfortunate. Guess I'll just have to make sure I take better pictures when I show you the fate of each wonderful item. I know that you will be waiting with baited breath. Until then...



No comments:

Post a Comment