Recently, I co-hosted a knitting party. I say co-hosted because although I was the Master of Ceremonies, it was not at my place. Funny. Not usually my thing because I enjoy opening my home to others. But her kitchen is bigger... better. We'll get to that later. Because my job allows me the opportunity to create at my desk, many have seen me knitting and asked me to give a lesson. To many of you, it may seem unprofessional to knit at one's place of employment. But I have to tell you, it keeps me sane and in my little cubicle where I am supposed to be. After all, I am in customer service where I answer the phone eight hours a day, five days a week. So there you go.
All of that aside, this event consisted of what I enjoy most doing with my time. Hanging out with a group of friends, eating good food, pursuing something together and getting to know one another better. This evening we were pursuing the art of knitting with much laughter and sharing of stories. It was my first time (that I can remember) teaching a group to do anything. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. So much so that I'm thinking about doing a few knitting tutorials on this site. Because of course there aren't enough of those on the net, right? We'll see.
Well, also sharing the spotlight was the awesome cuisine that was prepared in my friend's wonderful kitchen with the GAS stove. (Gas IS king when it comes to cooking, you know?) The theme was Spanish food. Not Mexican. Not Tex Mex. Not Taco Bell. Spanish. I'm talkin' tapas with tuna, capers and goat cheese and paella with tender shrimp, bright green peas and fragrant saffron. A majority of the recipes came from Spanish Tapas; we cooked and ate to the spicy sounds of Ottmar Liebert.
All in all a very enjoyable night. So enjoyable that we've decided to get together once a month. I think I've started my own knitting circle, y'all! It may not sound exciting to you. I understand. Just bear with me. I'm sure I'll touch upon something that you do find interesting. Eventually...
With all of that knitting I'm sure there was a pearl in there some where.
ReplyDeleteI use to do counted cross stitch. Since I wear bifocals now I longer do that craft. I for one, would like to learn to knit, but only if there are pearls involved.