Sunday, March 27, 2011

Pending Birthday Plans

Train trip, train trip! I'm taking a train trip! Well, maybe. If you haven't guessed, I'm thinking about taking a train trip...  for my birthday. It's not until December and I know it's kinda early but I would imagine it would be best to start planning now. Amtrak will probably be the train company with which I choose to travel. I'll give details on that later but first... Let's dream a bit shall we? Let us look at what my trip would be like if I were to choose to go to let's say... Canada! Whoo hoo! If we're gonna dream, let's dream BIG, good people. And I always like when I dreams are full of pretty, colorful pictures. Sooooo...

Canadian Rockies
Ooooohhhh... Pretty, right?? As the caption says this is picture of the Canadian Rockies. This is one of the routes offered by the Rocky Mountaineer train station. Ladies and gentlemen I could be seeing this from my cabin. And how about this one?



Yes, yes. That's all very lovely. Very scenic. Very pristine. Yes. All of that. But at what price? Well, let's just say that their packages START at $3,656. Ha! Hilarious. Granted this is for eleven days, ten nights, includes gourmet meals and complimentary drinks but still... That would be about ten times what I am prepared and currently able to pay. I think I'm gonna have to settle for the pretty, scenic and pristine view that greets me as I take the train to either Seattle or New Orleans.

No comments:

Post a Comment